Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Just a thought....

I had a moment the other day. I was leaving work after a long week. I was exhausted, my energy was pretty low, and I was dragging. It was late and already dark out when walking to my car. All I could think was how tired and exhausted I was. And then suddenly, to my own surprise, a great big smile came across my face. How great is this, I thought, I have a job that I work hard at. I've busted my ass all week and yes, I'm tired, but I feel good about it. I have responsibilities and expectations that I look forward to make happen each day. How great is that?!

A memory of me sitting in my room at my parents house unemployed with an empty bank account filling out application after application while recovering from my cancer nightmare and its aftermath flashed before my eyes. And now here I am, exhausted from a hard days work.

Life is sweet (or bittersweet). I'm grateful for the perspective I now have and that I can share this little story with a smile on my face, but you better believe how unbelievably aware I am that that perspective came with a cancer diagnosis. But I'm still grateful.

That whole train of thought really did catch me off guard. A great big smile after a long week of work. It's all about perspective, people.

Be thankful. Everyday. --- because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy, I needed this today after grumbling about work for the last few weeks! LOL

    ReplyDelete